Hey! I haven’t been very active over the last two weeks, as college work got the better of me, and I’ve been so busy and not organized enough to do anything else but assignments (when I wasn’t procrastinating, that is!). About a month or so ago I got nominated for my second award. The lovely Fernie from Life with Fernie nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. The Liebster Blog Award is another great way to get to know other bloggers that you follow, and a lot of the time a way to get to know newer bloggers!
The Rules are;
1. Answer the questions your nominator has asked you.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers (preferably with under 200 followers).
3. Ask your own 11 questions.
4. Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated!
- Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts?
Recently, I feel I’ve been a lot more inspired than normal, and I’ve been bursting with ideas! I get my inspiration from many places, really. I find my absolute best method to get inspiration is to go for a run, or when I’m training, as that’s the time in my day where my head is the clearest. Long journeys have the same effect. Personal experiences and social media are also great sources of my ideas and inspiration.
- How do you manage your time effectively?
I like to think that I manage my time pretty well with the fantastic help of an array of planners and agendas! I adore all things stationery, and so colour- coding my planner was a great way I’ve learned to know where I need to be and when. I really don’t like being a second late, and so I’m fairly efficient and punctual as it is, also!
- What’s your favourite clothes shop?
Penneys, for sure! I honestly think Penneys is the best shop ever, and I feel that they’ve really been upping their game recently with their products. Not to mention how kind it is to a student budget!
- What is your favourite film and why?
I love lots of films, but the immediate first when that comes to mind is Project X! It’s a film that never fails to put me into a feel- good mood! I’m a massive fan of the soundtrack also!
- Are you a tea or coffee person?
This is quite a 50/50 question, for me, as it depends strongly on my mood and what I have going on. For example, all through Summer, I reckon I’ve had a total of about 5 cups of coffee, and have been drinking tea non-stop, but since I’ve been back in college I’m always on the go and so I’ve been a coffee person a lot more lately!
- Name your favourite food?
Undoubtedly pizza! I can’t even put into words how much I love pizza.
- Do you have any guilty pleasures, if so what is it?
My guilty pleasures are shows like Take Me Out, Say Yes to the Dress, First Dates, and Don’t Tell the Bride! I particularly love First Dates, and refuse point blank to miss a Thursday when it’s showing on RTE2! I’m also particularly loving Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta at the moment, Lori is just like a fairy god mother, and I’m secretly obsessed with Monty. Oops. I also love Gogglebox Ireland, hahaha!
- Morning person or night owl?
Again, quite a tricky question, if I’m truthful. I think I’m more of a night- owl. I absolutely hate getting out of my bed in the mornings. However, there is no denying how productive I feel when I do get up at the crack of dawn.
- If you could give your 10 year old self some advice what would it be?
Make choices for you, and only you. Never be nervous to make the right decision for yourself, just because you think it’ll upset someone else.
- Do you have any goals for the next months, if so what are they?
Yes, I do have a few goals for the coming months. I’ve been recently setting myself goals for the month ahead, at the beginning of each. These could be tiny goals such as drinking a litre of water or write x number of blog posts this month etc. My main goals for the coming months is to grow my blog a bit more. Over the Summer months I think I grew my blog quite a lot, as I had so much time to post so frequently, and I really want to try and keep that up. Over the last two weeks I’ve been quite poor on that front, but I’m determined to hop back onto the horse again, and give it one last belt for the rest of the year. I also really want to do 12 Days of Christmas. Initially, I was going to do Blogmas up until the 25th, but my blog is still growing and I think I’m going to take baby steps and leave a full Blogmas until next year! My main goals are that after I complete my course I want to go into journalism, so for the coming months that’s just aiming to get as much experience in writing articles as possible, and on the sporting side of things I would love to reclaim my national title in 2018!
- If you’re not blogging or using social media, what are you doing?
I could be either writing articles for An Focal or ie, or I’ll be training! As I’ve said above, one of my main goals is to get into journalism after college, and so in order to get experience I try to contribute to the UL student newspaper, An Focal, as well as Campus.ie! They both give me the feel of what journalism would be like as there is deadlines, and requirements to be met.
Other than that, I’ll be training. In college, I try to train as much as possible to keep my fitness up. The college boxing club trains Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and I’m really trying to get myself to go to the gym Thursdays at least also! I was super good when I’d competitions a few weeks ago, but have just been training minimally in the last two weeks, but I guess I deserve a break too!!
- What are your favourite movies?
- How do you stay organized in terms of blog posts?
- Favourite time of year?
- What is your proudest blogging moment to date?
- How do you wind down?
- What are you favourite apps for blogging purposes and otherwise?
- Other than blogging what other hobbies have you?
- Have you a motto that you live by? If so what is it and why?
- Are you taking part in Blogmas this year?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
I’m tagging the following bloggers to answer these questions;
- Emily from That Creative Genius
- Rebecca from Rebeccas Reviews
- Craig from A Foodie in Italy
- Sean from The Merch Perch
- Emily from The Blog of Travel
- Gigi from Tea with Gi
- Olivia from Oliviagrams
- Sarah & Beth from Live Your Best Lush Life
- Sophie from Trafotoz
- Alex from Alex Grace Jones
- Jordanne from The Life of a Glasgow Girl