As I said in my last post this weekend I’m going to the Indiependance Music & Arts Festival. My decision to go was actually quite last minute, but as I’ve been preparing and packing for 3 days living out of a tent I’ve become increasingly excited!
If last year is anything to go by, it’ll be a fun-packed weekend!
This will be my 2nd year going to Indie, and last year was my first festival ever. I had lists upon lists upon lists (any excuse for a list, to be fair!) on what I was packing, and what I needed to buy etc!
In fairness, it is a hard process because on one hand your away for three days, but on the other your living out of a tent, and if I learned anything last year, it really is that you need to pack as lightly as possible. For Indie anyway, the entrance in is so long as there is so many security checks and stops, and the route in is all lefts and rights!
In an aim to bring all the things I felt I would need, in the lightest way possible, I compiled a packing list!
- Tent + Sleeping Bag!
- Ground Mats for tent.
- Extra pegs!
- Rubber mallet.
- An umbrella!!
- Spare plastic bags
- Camping Chair. (€10 in Argos)
- Plug. (in case you find some electric to charge your phone!)
- USB Cables.
- Festival Ticket
- List of who you want to see, and where they are over the weekend! (just the tiniest bit of organization to avoid disappointment will go a long way!)
Food (Snacks) & Drinks
Apart from your alcoholic beverages, I think it is practically essential to bring non-alcoholic drinks! I think it’s also a must to pack a decent amount of snacks also, as the food on the festival grounds can be pricey, and you may not be able to go into the town when you realize you are hungry!
- Bottled water
- Fussy drinks – to mix for your alcohol or alone!
- Cereal Bars
Clothes & Accessories
- Outfit for each day of the festival (+plus an extra or two!)
- PJs, or warm clothes to sleep in (including an extra hoody!)
- Wellies (or boots that you don’t mind getting mucky!)
- Underwear (lots of socks!!!)
- Rain Ponchos
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Dry Shampoo
- Deodorant + Body Spray
- Makeup wipes
- Bobbles & Slides
- Bobbles & Hair Slides
- Moisturiser & Handcream
- Normal day-to-day makeup (foundation, bronzer, contour, mascara etc!)
- Duo glue
- Primer and Setting Spray (lots and lots, because my makeup will be on for a lot of the day into night, and I obviously want it to last as long as possible!)
- Pack of tissues
- Hand Sanitizer
- Money + ID
- Powerbank + Cable (I’m bringing 3, and I hope they get me through the bulk of the weekend, with any actual electric I find as well!)
- Powder/ lipgloss (for top-ups!)
What are your festival essentials?