It’s Day 13 of my Blogmas! But it’s December 19th! We’re getting so close to Christmas, and I’m more than ready for the festivities!
This week is the last week of college before our Christmas break, so my friends and I decided in an effort to get into the Christmas spirit we’d dedicate an evening this week to baking Gingerbread men! It was so much fun!
I love baking so much but haven’t baked in so long, and so it was the perfect opportunity being Christmas, and a great evening with friends!
- 250g of sugar
- 80g of water
- 750g of honey
- 1 egg
- 60g of egg yolk (approx. 4 egg yolks)
- 30g of cinnamon
- 20g of vanilla sugar
- 20g of gingerbread spices
- lemon zest
- 600g of flour
- 600g of wheat
- 20g of baking powder
- 200g of milk
- Heat the water up, and mix the sugar & honey in, until dissolved into a liquid- substance.
- Mix in egg & egg yolks, cinnamon, vanilla sugar, gingerbread spices, and lemon zest.
- After the spices and sugar is mixed in well, add the baking powder and milk and mix.
- Finally, add the flour in, and mix everything until dough-like consistency.
- Let the dough sit overnight.
- Roll the dough out, and begin cutting shapes out with cookie cutters. Place some baking paper onto a tray, and set the cut-out dough onto the paper. Give space, as they expand!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 160-degree oven!
- Decorate with icing or some icing sugar!
This was so much fun and such a great way to get into some festive spirit, along with some Christmas music, and some Baileys- a very Christmassy treat! The only thing we did incorrectly was we didn’t let the dough sit overnight… We wrapped it up and put it in a cold area for about half an hour, but the biscuits still came out amazing.
Have you baked any festive snacks yet?